Wednesday, March 14, 2012

>Railway Budget 2012-2013 by DINESH TRIVEDI (Minister of Railways), 14th March 2012


Madam Speaker,
1. I rise to present the Railway Budget for 2012-13.
2. I consider it a great privilege for me to head the strong and vibrant railway family and present my maiden Railway Budget which is also the first year of the 12th Five Year Plan. I am grateful to the Hon'ble Prime Minister for his inspiring guidance and support in formulating the Budget.
3. I am also grateful to the Hon’ble Finance Minister and the UPA Chairperson, Smt. Sonia Gandhi for their support. It would not have been possible for me to present this budget had I not received the support and confidence of my party, All India Trinamool Congress, and its chairperson, Mamata Banerjee, to whom I shall always remain grateful. Above all, I am grateful to

as it is only because of their blessings that I have been able to make it to this Parliament.

4. Madam Speaker, when I look at the list of illustrious leaders of this country who had donned the mantle of Indian Railways right from Sh. Asaf Ali to Sh. Lal Bahadur Shastri, to Sh. Jagjivan Ram ji, to Sh. Gulzari Lal Nanda, Sh. Kamalapati Tripathi, Sh. Madhu Dandavate to Mamata Banerjee, I find myself nowhere near their stature. But I have certainly tried to take lessons from the pages of history and from their contribution to this great institution. I am grateful to Mamata Banerjee for giving vision to railways in her Vision 2020 document, which has guided me immensely in framing the roadmap for carrying forward the task.

5. I am grateful to each and every member of 14 lakh strong Rail Parivar which has not only given confidence to me but has also shown the direction. It is through their dedication, hardwork, loyalty and sacrifice that the railways have scaled great heights. No other 
organization can perhaps draw a parallel with Indian Railways. Right from the Board Members to the gangman, it is only this unity which has overcome various challenges and has made the country proud. Therefore, I dedicate to them all the achievements of the railways so far.

1) Extension of Trains
2) List of new Express Trains, Passenger Trains, MEMU, DEMU, Extension of run and increase in frequency of trains:- 

  • Express Trains
  • Passenger Trains
  • MEMU
  • DEMU
3) List of 84 Adarsh Stations to be taken up in 2012-13
4) List of 31 Projects being executed with State Cooperation (STATEWISE)
5) List of 20 new Railway Electrification Surveys sanctioned in 2012-13
6) List of 10 new Railway Electrification Projects sanctioned in 2012-13
7) List of 21 new Surveys for Doubling Projects sanctioned in 2012-13
8) List of 4 new projects of Doubling sent to Planning Commission for appraisal
9) List of 67 Doubling Works for completion during 2012-13
10) List of new Gauge Conversion Projects sanctioned in 2012-13


click on RAIL BUDGET to get detailed information
 RISH TRADER

0 comments: